Pom Pom Party
Below are the instructions to get you started
• Tissue paper (20 inches x 30 inches). Choose one to three colors in similar shades of the same color to keep things from looking like an acid circus. Unless that’s the look you’re going for. Local dollar stores usually have a good selection.
• Scissors, either plain ol’ straight edged or a more decorative scalloped or waved edge.
• Monofilament fishing line
• Thin floral wire, white if you can find it.
1. Stack four to eight the sheets of paper on top of one another, depending on how full n’ puffy you want them to be.
2. Now, fold the sheets into 1.5-inch accordion folds, all the way across. Be sure to keep the folds even.
3. Prune the ends of the tissue into round or pointed shapes to give them a petal-like look.
4. Cut about a foot and a half length of floral wire.
5. Wrap the wire around the center of the folded tissue and secure it by twisting. Trim the excess wire.
6. Now the fun part! Pull apart each layer, separating it from the center one piece at a time (here’s where that patience comes in handy).
7. Measure the length you'd like to hang your pom pom from and cut a piece of monofilament accordingly.
8. Knot the monofilament to the floral wire and hang!
9. Try varying the size of the tissue paper and the cut edge to create an array of effects. Repeat until you've created a pom-pom fantasyland. The more, the merrier!
Not in a crafty mood or short on time? (hey, it happens) . . . PomLove, Fiesta Pom Pom and orangekisses all have a spectacular selection of ready to ship pom-poms in a variety of sizes, as well as a custom order option for your special occasion or color pallet.