Chukar Cherries

It’s no secret that I love chocolate, especially dark chocolate. One of my favorite ways to enjoy this treat is when it is used to cover other yummy things like dried fruits such as apricots, blueberries and cherries. So imagine my delight when my mom and I came across Chukar Cherries in the Pike’s Place Market in Seattle.

Based in Prosser, WA, Chukar Cherries began in 1988 from a family cherry orchard and uses no preservatives, no sulfites and no gluten. Essentially, their mandate is nothing artificial. Not only does Chukar Cherries specialize in chocolate covered cherries, but also in mixed nuts and dried fruit mixed which incorporate . . .cherries.

They also make all kinds of other gourmet treats such as Curried Cherry Chutney (trying saying that a few times fast!), and Peach Cherry Salsa, as well as a variety of fruit fillings and preserves. All the items feature beautiful and well thought out packaging (always something I’m attracted to)such as reuseable baskets, jars and tins and are perfect for gift giving. Perfect for Valentine's Day. My favourite is the Grand Assortment, which has Amaretto Rainiers, Classic Dark, Cabernet, Pinot Noir, and Black Forest cherries . . . all in dark chocolate.

. . . Hello Yummm!

1 comment: