Basil Soda

Oh happy day when I stumble upon a new designer. Well, new to me at least. I swooned for days when first exposed to Elie Saab. I fell in love with Reem Acra within minutes. Now I am head over heels in love with Basil Soda. How did I NOT KNOW about this designer?

I think celebrities should really try to mention where a designer is from when those red carpet hosts ask the all important question, "who are you wearing?" For example, "Vancouver designer Catherine Regehr" or "Basil Soda from Lebanon". Case in point? Katy Perry in Basil Soda as seen here at the 2009 Grammy Awards. I don't know, it may be just me, but I like to know where a designer is from. Point of reference I guess. It also makes their names / brands easier to search, and to find out if the designer has their brand readily available in North America. But I guess they have a lot on their minds. As a designer though; if I'm lending out a pricey gown to be viewed by millions world wide.....I would hope the celebrity would remember to give me a decent "shout out".

AND… it’s interesting that my favourite designers Saab, Acra and Soda along with Zuhair Murad, are all Lebanese designers. I don’t know if it’s something in the water in Lebanon, but I do know that I could lust after these creations for some time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment