A Year of Pretty - December 05, 2014


Today's Pretty Post is this montage of silver tones coffee table accessories, found on Pinterest via tumblr

I appreciate how the cable knit pattern on the throw pillow and blanket is reflected in the crocheted candle cozies on the silver platter, though I'm not sure if a wool candle cozy is the safest idea for something that's a lit flame. Maybe they just look like they are made from wool but are really resin or some other non-flammable material.

I really like coffee table vignettes like this that tell a little story. I have one going on my coffee table that I keep adding to. Mine is made up of little mementos from places I have travelled. There is the Eiffel Tower I got on my first trip to Paris, a Deft porcelain shoe from my first visit to The Netherlands, shells from a beach where I swam with dolphins in Portugal, and my most recent addition: an alabaster leaning tower from Pisa. 

And of course; candles. Lots and lots of candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment