A Year of Pretty - February 26, 2014

Today is the last day of preparation for the Great Gatsby Inspired Fashion Show I'm participating in tomorrow night. Most of the work is done, but there are a couple things that still need attention before everything gets packed up at moved to the venue. Minor things like stitching in company labels and pressing, plus matching the shoes and accessories for each look. I will be dressing my model myself, so at least I will have control over the look and can give it a once over before it heads out on the runway.

Last week, I was able to get in a photo shoot with a few of the pieces that will be going down the runway. We spent most of the day at the shoot, and my model Jen Ryley was fantastic (and oh-so-patient). Jenny Ruth of JennyV Make Up and Hair styled the model for the shoot. I think she did a beautiful job. 

Photography was done by Wesley Allen Shaw in his own studio.

I was super lucky that the garments fit Jen perfectly. Which means no size adjustments to the garments for tomorrow night. So happy about this. It also means Jen, who is modelling for me in the show, will already be familiar with each of the looks.

It was a fun shoot, and I've included not only some serious shots of the garments, but some goofy ones as well when Jen was in between takes.

So Today's Pretty Post is about my own label de volk & gosche. First, a little history:

My maternal grandmother's (my Oma) maiden name is Volk. My paternal grandmother's maiden name was gosche. "Volk" means "people", "Gosche" means "cheeky, or left of center". So the two names together become "For People Cheeky or Left of Center". It also sounds sophisticated and European.....like Dolce and Gabbana. 

The fabrics I've used here are silks and yoryu satin, which are produced by Telio. I also bought some great trims online through Etsy. Check out PrettyLaceShop for their great selection of trims and lace details.

The looks all came together relatively easy. Okay, okay . . there were some frustrations when trying to get my ideas from paper to fabric; but in the end I am extremely please with the results and can't wait to see them on the runway.

Anyway, I hope you like them as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment